Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Planning Permission

• 28-10-2020 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10 intersky69

I live in an old thatched cottage and unfortunately, the roof recently caught fire causing extensive damage. The house is over 200 years old and is a listed or protected building. I was in contact with Galway Co Council about changing over to a slate roof as I won’t get insurance again, and, to be honest, I wouldn’t feel safe living under a thatched roof again. I was wondering if anyone out there has been in a similar situation and whether or not it’s a straight forward process to apply for such planning permission. Also, is this something I can do myself, or would I have to get someone like an architect to complete the planning application and to draw up a basic roof plan for the slate roof ? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
    Post edited by Spear on

Comments

Advertisement