Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installing an oil boiler to an open vented solid fuelled system

Options
  • 28-10-2020 4:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

Hi

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭jimf

are you doing this work yourself paul

• Registered Users Posts: 12,729 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

jimf wrote: »
    are you doing this work yourself paul

I’d say Paul is.
    Paul, get a plumber. If you’re asking these questions then you’re playing with things that are potentially very dangerous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 paulh18

Yes

paulh18 wrote: »
    Ah was just looking for any tips it doesn’t matter I will be doing the work alongside a qualified plumber I just liked to get other ideas on how lads would do it , because I’m interested in the trade and am serving my time at the moment

You must be on phase 1. The amount of qualified plumbers I’ve seen make a total balls of duel systems.

Waste of time writing anything on these forums with these kind of responses

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

Waste of time writing anything on these forums with these kind of responses

Those guys are not being difficult with you. They realize that giving you information would be dangerous. These are decisions we constantly have to make here. For example; Would you show a child how to use an angle grinder?

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

Nobody will never know anything about solid fuel if people don’t share there knowledge of it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭jimf

Nobody will never know anything about solid fuel if people don’t share there knowledge of it

i agree to an extent with you paul but here on a public forum is not the place

the way people interpret advise can be very dangerous and when dealing with solid fuel especially so

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

People are sharing their knowledge of it, but in a safe educational environment. During your apprenticeship, you will learn how to do it correctly. By then you will understand the dangers and eventually realize the necessity of the caution being shown here.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

Solid fuel isn’t some fountain of knowledge that’s shared by a secret club. You’re doing an apprenticeship yeah? Why dont you get your boss to show you??
    You don’t learn how to pipe solid fuel from the internet. It’s not a diy job

• Advertisement

Good man all sorted thanks

Good man all sorted thanks

No problem. Glad you’re sorted. Just remember, no matter how big the expansion vessel is that you’re going to fit, it’s not big enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Lenar3556

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    No problem. Glad you’re sorted. Just remember, no matter how big the expansion vessel is that you’re going to fit, it’s not big enough.

Expansion vessel?

Lenar3556 wrote: »
    Expansion vessel?

It was a joke, obviously

MOD snip.
    I AM CLOSING THIS NOW AS ITS GOING NOWHERE.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement