Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new shower kit

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

You can change the bathtaps, then use a pump. Wont be cheap though if you havnt already got a pump and very few plumbers want to change bath taps.

And people could freeze or scald you if they use another tap while showering

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Mr Jinx

You can change the bathtaps, then use a pump. Wont be cheap though if you havnt already got a pump and very few plumbers want to change bath taps.

And people could freeze or scald you if they use another tap while showering

I dont think I need a pump, pressure seems to be ok. Just all the shower kits that I see dont seem to connwct to the standard bath taps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

Mr Jinx wrote: »
    I dont think I need a pump, pressure seems to be ok. Just all the shower kits that I see dont seem to connwct to the standard bath taps.

I see alot in hotel bathrooms. They dont connect to the taps its all one piece. I actually threw a set in the skip the other day because its been in my shed for the last 3 years looking at me and I never used it.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 stiophan

What sort of tap fittings do you have in your current bath? If you look at any of the bath shower mixer kits, there are ones with rainfall shower heads as standard. replacing the shower tap should be pretty easy (search youtube) assuming you can cut off your water and the tap fittings come off without damaging the threads on the pipes feeding water to the bath. You can check your water pressure with a jug (see youtube again). Look for a new bath-shower mixer kit (with rainfall shower head) with the lowest required water pressure so it does not suffer as much with the current water pressure. Look around for a shower head that is eco- this cuts the water pressure needed to work. You will have to work out how to fix the new shower part to your bath wall. There are install docs online for most of good brands.

Advertisement