Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Topping up pressure in a closed heating system

Options
  • 27-10-2020 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I have a closed pressure heating system at me (gas). The pressure falls low once a year, to a point that the heating won't work.
    My plumber is reluctant at installing a direct feed into the system with a valve. They want me to call them each time it needs topping up and they do it with this pump. I was told it shouldnt make a difference to the homeowner.. as its against regulation for me to top up water pressure anyway. Is this true???

I'm currently waiting 4 weeks for them to come and top up the pressure.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

Seems like a load of cobblers to me, unless you have a very unconventional system.

Why not have a different plumber or rgi look at it.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Registered Users Posts: 2 WagnerA

Wearb wrote: »
    Seems like a load of cobblers to me, unless you have a very unconventional system.

Why not have a different plumber or rgi look at it.

I talked to an engineer and he was baffled that they didn't install a mains feed. I brought that up with them and basically said the friend doesnt know what he is talking about.

It's a two storey tiny house 45sqm and we just have very low water pressure. Nothing too crazy! Changed 2 years ago from oil to gas with these guys and paid a bunch.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

When the main feed filling loop is installed, the connecting hose (braided flexible) should be removed after topping up, but this is a DIY job.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Def_IRL

See attached...simple setup, and makes it easy to keep pressure at about 1.5bar, as and when required.
    WagnerA wrote: »
    I have a closed pressure heating system at me (gas). The pressure falls low once a year, to a point that the heating won't work.
    My plumber is reluctant at installing a direct feed into the system with a valve. They want me to call them each time it needs topping up and they do it with this pump. I was told it shouldnt make a difference to the homeowner.. as its against regulation for me to top up water pressure anyway. Is this true???

I'm currently waiting 4 weeks for them to come and top up the pressure.

Advertisement