Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent Reviw

Options
  • 27-10-2020 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Out of curioisity asking this. Excuse me if it is a lame one...lol

Moved into an apartment 5 months ago in a RPZ (rent at %) and recently came across Rent review concept in an online read.

Intrestingly, I assumed that the concept is, if rent of 3 peroprties is near your rental, it is fine. In this case, I can show apartments rented in 2019 higher than my current apartment while the rent for those apartments fell in 2020, I was chared a higher rent.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,445 ✭✭✭fliball123

pandaa wrote: »
    Moved into an apartment 5 months ago and recently came across Rent review concept.

Old Apartment - I was paying 1900, I left it and now it has been rented at 1800. Aint worth it even 1800, thats why I'm out.

New apartment in same locality - 2020 rent is 1900. Last rent in 2019 was aprrox 1800. I rented in June'20. 4% increase was charged by LL.

Just noticed on RTB site, Average rental for Apartments of 2 Bed decresed in Q2 in my area from Q1. Avg. Rent is 150e less than what I am paying.

Plus the fact that my old house at 1900 in same location is not at 1800. Also, another nearby apartment at 2000 was rented at 1800.

Questions:
    1. Can I seek a rent review? LL is a Venture Fund?

2. If yes, what evidence are valid. They may say they rented new units in same apartment at 4% increase as well.

Offcourse, if answer is a No I'm fine. However, why pay more when I am not required to. Threshhold site had an article which suggested to check all these things. Not my ideas :-)

Thanks!!!

Depends on the length of your lease I reckon you could ask at the end of it. if your a few months into say a year lease I would say they will say no. I mean if the landlord turned the tables in the future and said after a few months avg prices are 200 more so I am upping it you wouldn't like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭pandaa

fliball123 wrote: »
    Depends on the length of your lease I reckon you could ask at the end of it. if your a few months into say a year lease I would say they will say no. I mean if the landlord turned the tables in the future and said after a few months avg prices are 200 more so I am upping it you wouldn't like it.

Thanks, I'm no one to stop him/her. They may increase, I may choose to stay or leave.

Question is what does RULES say. Not if they will say no. If they should not have charged 4% hike, why would it happen? If they were right, no problems.

It is a learning opportunity, as I said, if it is no, so be it.

RPZ rent hike is 4%.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Fol20

If they were increasing rent. You could dispute it. Since you just moved in and the rent was set at that, They were entitled to charge that.

Given they are vulture fund. They are extremely likely to be following the rules also.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭pandaa

Fol20 wrote: »
    If they were increasing rent. You could dispute it. Since you just moved in and the rent was set at that, They were entitled to charge that.

Given they are vulture fund. They are extremely likely to be following the rules also.

Thanks a lot. I was curious and hence asked for it. Appreciate your time

Advertisement