Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mira Elite running cold

Options
  • 25-10-2020 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭

Have a Mira Elite,
    Only 4 months old. Was working fine yesterday but today is running ice cold.
    Online reading says it may have overheated and tripped something inside but should automatically work when cools down?

I looked on Mira website and have done all they ask to no avail.

Would a stat go after 4 months?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,883 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Would a stat go after 4 months?

It wouldn't be uncommon to have to replace a TCO or solenoid when installing a new shower. They can be faulty out of the box.

Shower could be airlocked.

If it is a faulty part then ring Mira on Tuesday morning. With luck they will be able to get to you before the end of the week. It's covered under the warranty

• Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭John.G

It could be the TCO (thermal trip) sleeper12 will advise but don't think they give any particular problems on thse showers.

Can you hear the pump running??.
    Unlikely but it may be airlocked, (you have already done this), just remove the filter, you don't have to isolate anything for this, clean it, but before replacing it just push up the poppet valve with your finger and let the water run away for 2 or 3 minutes.

Just saw your post.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

John.G wrote: »
    It could be the TCO (thermal trip) sleeper12 will advise but don't think they give any particular problems on thse showers.

Can you hear the pump running??.
    Unlikely but it may be airlocked, (you have already done this), just remove the filter, you don't have to isolate anything for this, clean it, but before replacing it just push up the poppet valve with your finger and let the water run away for 2 or 3 minutes.

Just saw your post.

It's making noise, I presume that's the pump. Yep, removed the filter and pushed up the poppet to let water flow, and all seemed ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    It wouldn't be uncommon to have to replace a TCO or solenoid when installing a new shower. They can be faulty out of the box.

Shower could be airlocked.

If it is a faulty part then ring Mira on Tuesday morning. With luck they will be able to get to you before the end of the week. It's covered under the warranty

Yea think I'll have to ring Mira. I'll try the filter again in the morning and let it run but it was clean and had a steady flow. May suffer cold showers till they call out :( I could just replace it but then warranty would be good if image

• Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭John.G

You could just turn the shower temperature control to its coldest and measure the flow rate for exactly one minute, should be ~ 8 LPM, if only ~ 4 lpm then its not the TCO, but shower may operate if switched to one element (1/2 power) and flow rate reduced to give required showering temp.....better than a cold shower for a few days till repairs affected.
    Or just try it on 1/2 power without any measuring.

• Advertisement
Advertisement