Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Honeywell T6R install

Options
  • 25-10-2020 10:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Looking for some guidance on the wiring for the receiver unit for a Honeywell T6R wireless thermostat. The receiver unit will be installed in place of an immersion style mechanical timer clock that is currently used to controller the gas boiler (Ideal Logic 24ie), but I am unsure of how the wiring would transpose across to the Honeywell receiver.

Basically, the wiring that is there at present is as follows - 3 cables:

Mains in - Live (Br) and Neutral (B)
    Boiler connection - Live (Br), Neutral (B) and CH Live (?) - Black wire (Bk)
    Connection to Zone Valves - Live (Br) and Neutral (B)

There are two zone valves in the hot press which can be used to isolates the upstairs and downstairs radiators - from what I understand, the connection described above supplies power to these valves when the boiler comes on. The downstairs zone valve is then switched via a thermostat in the hall and the upstairs by a basic two pole switch in the hot press itself.

The wiring into the current mechanical timer is as follows:

#1 - Live In - Mains Live (Br) and CH Live (Bk)
    #2 - Neutral In - Mains Neutral (B) and Boiler Neutral (B)
    #3 - Neutral Out - Zone Valve Neutral (B)
    #4 - Live Out - Boiler Live (Br) and Zone Valve Live (Br)

So the question is, how to transpose this configuration into the wiring for the T6R receiver - I cannot post up an image of the connections in the Honeywell receiver but basically there is a neutral and two live inputs and then 'A', 'B' and 'C' switched connections.

Didn't come across any wiring diagrams associated with the unit that reflect the configuration I have. Appreciate any guidance on how this could be configured to work the boiler and zone valves as they are now.

Thanks in advance

Advertisement