Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Check yer agitation points

Options
  • 24-10-2020 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,802 ✭✭✭

We have an internal agitation point that is very rarely used and I would say unused in the last 3-4 years (as we have an external one also on the tank).

Opened it by chance during the week and it was rusted to hell. Not ready to collapse just yet but a lot weaker than I would like!

7-C1-C9-FDE-89-F5-4-D1-C-B029-3-C9-A10-AE35-F4.jpg

B0-BDD647-CD83-4498-AE38-D88-DAD442-B76.jpg

C0125579-3-F8-D-47-F6-8031-FA9189313-B39.jpg

Anyway may aswell replace it first as last so did it immediately!
    8-B7-F9-B94-B36-F-4921-A75-F-C9340-BE2-F872.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Replaced three here in the last few years. Changed from concrete to steal on the external ones but I left the internal one as concrete as felt safer. External ones opened more often.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Gillespy

Surprised to see that. Have a few of them, at least they look like that one here and they're still perfect. Lucky to spot it and good looking replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,802 ✭✭✭893bet

Gillespy wrote: »
    Surprised to see that. Have a few of them, at least they look like that one here and they're still perfect. Lucky to spot it and good looking replacement.

Think it’s in 24 years or so.

Infairness it wasn’t too bad until i opened it. If I left it alone and not opened it might have been good for a few more years. Not much value in trying to squezze a few more years out of it!

Replacement one is beast heavy. 520 euros so not cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭ruwithme

I drowned one here in waste black oil only yesterday. Should be ok for afew more years.

Bit like the chainsaw trousers I've being meaning to buy this long time,one trip to the a & e would more than buy them,

So be the manhole cover,heaven forbid someone or thing went down

• Registered Users Posts: 18,508 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Are they not something that could be made up in stainless ??

We’ve no agitation points at all. 40 year old tank with no position for a point sadly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,895 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

I put in 4 new ones lately, used to have slabs before but were awkward

• Registered Users Posts: 6,895 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

Here they are

Advertisement