Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local papers

Options
  • 24-10-2020 7:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Deiselurker

Do you buy a local paper? What do you think of them? Ive always bought the Munster Express although the amount of reading in it has gone down a lot especially since Covid with not much else to report on. There is not much coverage of court cases any more compared to years ago. They do have some interesting history articles. Local papers must be struggling in the modern era. I wonder how many they sell each week.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

The only one I'd read is the News and Star usually.

• Can't recall the last time I bought one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Pick up Waterford today for wrapping food waste. Haven't bought a newspaper of any type for many years

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

News & Star every week. There's always bits and pieces in it worth reading.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,071 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

print media is in serious trouble everywhere, we ve found far more informative sources, such as social media!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Gillman1998

News and Star every Thursday evening with my first beer of the week, essential.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    print media is in serious trouble everywhere, we ve found far more informative sources, such as social media!

That was dripping in sarcasm. Very good. Unfortunately, in the responses above you can see that lots of people are probably worryingly misinformed or not informed at all.

I buy one of the locals every week and usually a decent weekend paper. By decent weekend paper, I mean the irish times or Sunday Times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Max Powers wrote: »
    That was dripping in sarcasm. Very good. Unfortunately, in the responses above you can see that lots of people are probably worryingly misinformed or not informed at all.

I buy one of the locals every week and usually a decent weekend paper. By decent weekend paper, I mean the irish times or Sunday Times.

Do the same myself, Irish times weekend edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,071 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

I wouldn't wrap me fish and chips in The Irish Times.

Their podcasts are great

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

news and star every Tuesday for myself, sometimes buy the Munster as well.

Irish times weekend paper is good, though have been impressed by the examiner weekend version lately.

so much is done online these days I do enjoy a real paper still

• Advertisement
Advertisement