Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water question

Options
  • 23-10-2020 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭

Ever since Irish Water have "upgraded" the pipes and had to repair them multiple times a year, I've noticed that there's a strange white substance, almost powdery for lack of a better description visible on clear glass. Even after using one of those Brita filter jug things, clear glasses are smeared liberally with the stuff. I drink plenty of water and I've not died of any poisoning but I don't recall ever seeing anything like it on my clear glasses etc before Irish Water dug up the street. Every time I use the sink the sides are usually caked in it and I have to scrub the thing before I feel comfortable even washing my dishes etc in it. What can I do to get rid of it? Is it harmful? I think it may be limescale scum but as I noted, I never saw it before Irish Water dug up the street.

I'm functionally ignorant on plumbing issues so please feel free to speak to me like I don't know what anything is.

Advertisement