Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Marriage Notification by email

• 23-10-2020 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all,
    Hoping someone can help here. I contacted the HSE about the notification of marriage requirement back in September. They sent me a form to fill out and I did so and emailed it back. We’re not fussed about when we get married, just want to do it so I was advised to put down “earliest available” as the date. I know there is quite a backlog to get through so I’m not expecting to get a date until a couple of months into next year. However I was wondering how much notice we’ll get and if we’ll have to go into the office before the ceremony? If anyone knows please advise. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

claire1997 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Hoping someone can help here. I contacted the HSE about the notification of marriage requirement back in September. They sent me a form to fill out and I did so and emailed it back. We’re not fussed about when we get married, just want to do it so I was advised to put down “earliest available” as the date. I know there is quite a backlog to get through so I’m not expecting to get a date until a couple of months into next year. However I was wondering how much notice we’ll get and if we’ll have to go into the office before the ceremony? If anyone knows please advise. Thanks!

We got married last month - we emailed the forms in, then got called in for the interview. That was under level 3 restrictions though, it may be different now. They were pretty good at keeping in touch via email/phone. We had our date booked a few months in advance and they moved the marriage notification appointment to accommodate restrictions. If you're happy to have a midweek ceremony it might shave a bit off the wait.
    Maybe give it a week or so after you've posted in the forms, then send another email enquiring about how long it'll be?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 gordo_88

nikpmup wrote: »
    We got married last month - we emailed the forms in, then got called in for the interview. That was under level 3 restrictions though, it may be different now. They were pretty good at keeping in touch via email/phone. We had our date booked a few months in advance and they moved the marriage notification appointment to accommodate restrictions. If you're happy to have a midweek ceremony it might shave a bit off the wait.
    Maybe give it a week or so after you've posted in the forms, then send another email enquiring about how long it'll be?
    Hi there,

I know you got married recently so you might be able to help. I am a little confused as to the approach is for notification due to Covid. We are getting married next Summer but want to do the notification soon. Just wondering do you know are they still accepting notifications and will we be able to get a face to face appointment? I knew we had to do it in advance but hadn't realised that Covid19 could mean no appointments. Any advice would be appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 gordo_88

claire1997 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Hi Claire,

Did you hear anything from the HSE about this since?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

gordo_88 wrote: »
    Hi there,

I know you got married recently so you might be able to help. I am a little confused as to the approach is for notification due to Covid. We are getting married next Summer but want to do the notification soon. Just wondering do you know are they still accepting notifications and will we be able to get a face to face appointment? I knew we had to do it in advance but hadn't realised that Covid19 could mean no appointments. Any advice would be appreciated!

Ho, sorry, I didn't see this until now. I actually phoned the registry office at the end of May - we had been planning to get married early next year, but we decided we ought to get our ducks in a row and make things official as soon as we could. I asked them for the earliest ceremony date they had, once they put me down for September they said we'd be called in for an interview. Shortly after, they phoned and said that we could email in the documents required and have a face-to-face before the wedding- we did that about a month before the wedding day.
    Things may well be different now, my advice is to phone them and ask. I found them super helpful and happy to be flexible too. Best of luck.

Advertisement