Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vuelta a España 2020: Stage 4 (Garray - Ejea de los Caballeros, 191.7 km)

Options
  • 23-10-2020 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭

A day for Sam, hopefully, and maybe some echelons could spice up what will otherwise be a very boring stage!

d0725
    ea604

Betting Odds

None available

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,198 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

On the betting odds, Sam was 6/4 with Ackerman 5/2. The rest all double digits

• Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

One of the few sprint ....lets hope Sam has the legs

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Could be some potential echelons in Spain!

aorLfnv.png

17km to go I've one eye on this and the other on the Giro.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Cmon folks. 2 in a Row :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

C'mon Sam!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

ES only showing the end of the Giro stage FFS :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭ratracer

ES only showing the end of the Giro stage FFS :mad::mad::mad:

I know, who gives a F*** about it at this stage, into last km in Vuelta soon

Full train for Sam choo choo

SHOW IT EUROSPORT FFS.

Now showing replays of Cerny's finish :mad:

• Advertisement

Well done Sam!

Inquitus wrote: »
    Well done Sam!

YES!!!

And an even bigger FU to Eurosport :mad:

As if to take the p1ss, they had "Bennett's British Superbikes on ES1".

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭lissard

Nice sprint - Phillipsen went from a bit too far out and Sam used him as a lead out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Move over Slovenia, We are the dominant small to mid sized cycling nation :D

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭lissard

Recommend the Eurosport Player -it gives you access to the two live streams.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

SHOW IT EUROSPORT FFS.

Now showing replays of Cerny's finish :mad:

You'd equally have people giving out that they switched off the end of arguably the tightest GC battle in god knows how long for the end of another stage.

Now why on earth theyre showing highlights of motorcycling on one channel and and not a live event is a mystery

The kids aren't impressed with Sam's glasses and I have to agree with them. Fugly things.

lissard wrote: »
    Recommend the Eurosport Player -it gives you access to the two live streams.

I know yes but I have a tv beside my desk in the home office and amn't paying for it for the sake of 2 more days!

Weepsie wrote: »
    You'd equally have people giving out that they switched off the end of arguably the tightest GC battle in god knows how long for the end of another stage.

Now why on earth theyre showing highlights of motorcycling on one channel and and not a live event is a mystery

They could even have done it side by side for the last km of the Vuelta stage. I know it was largely caused by the issues with the Giro stage start but it was very frustrating.

edit...now showing last km of Vuelta

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Well done Sam! Could well pick up all the sprint days if his team continue to ride for him like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

velo.2010 wrote: »
    Well done Sam! Could well pick up all the sprint days if his team continue to ride for him like that.

The perfect end between the team and then Sam sprinting himself.

Nice to beat Bora easily again as well!

The kids aren't impressed with Sam's glasses and I have to agree with them. Fugly things.

They're pretty dreadful :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,305 ✭✭✭Macy0161

In the opposite to yesterday, I thought the Irishman had left it too late when the gap opened! But then wasn't any doubt once he got in the slipstream.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,198 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Best sprinter there. Easily the most powerful. Great win.

Updated list of winners here. First time 2 different Irish cyclists have won stages in the same grand Tour

https://statsthatarepointless.wordpress.com/2014/05/25/irish-stage-wins-cycling-grand-tours/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭py

Top man Sam! They really need to let them take the masks off when they're on the podium and everyone else has moved away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭Paddigol

As referenced above, nice to see Sam stick it to Bora. Didn't even make the podium. Been some crappy year for them so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭REBELSAFC

Super performance.He looked very strong today. Showed no signs of fatigue after the Tour. On an other note he didn't have any tricolour stripes on his sleeves.I thought as a former Irish champion he was entitled to them?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Nice!!

Advertisement