Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shipped a gift to China - it is now held in China Customs

Options
  • 23-10-2020 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

My wife sent a gift to a friend in China and it came up on the tracking today that it is "being held by customs in China and to contact them directly".

The parcel had a coffee cup and teddy bear in the box, so nothing prohibited.

Any ideas on how to do this?

Thanks!

MODs: if this is the wrong forum, please let me know.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

Comments

Contact the shipping agent. Their customer service should be able to give you options.. although be prepared to waste a lot of time waiting and calling back.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭KevMayo88

If only the Chinese authorities were as careful about things exiting their country :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

did the teddy bear look like their President?

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

rameire wrote: »
    Hi all,

My wife sent a gift to a friend in China and it came up on the tracking today that it is "being held by customs in China and to contact them directly".

The parcel had a coffee cup and teddy bear in the box, so nothing prohibited.

Any ideas on how to do this?

Thanks!

MODs: if this is the wrong forum, please let me know.

I've the opposite problem, I'm waiting for some led light panels from wish. They should have arrived a week or two ago. There already in Ireland. Do customs have them in quarantine or something???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

Similar issue, I've shipped a laptop for repair back to China. Its been in a status of being "assessed by customs in China" for about a week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭rameire

For the original query.
    The package changed status on the 25th and was delivered that day.
    Looks like it could be an automatic status for incoming shipments.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭John Frank Wilson

A great bunch of lads.

Advertisement