Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First time buyer status when applying for a mortgage

Options
  • 22-10-2020 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

According to the official Central Bank of Ireland definition, a first-time buyer (FTB) is an individual who has never before, either by themselves or with others, purchased a house, apartment, or a site to build a home, in Ireland or abroad. When it comes to applying this definition to the sale and purchase of mortgages, a FTB is, “a borrower to whom no housing loan has ever before been advanced”.
    My parents sold there house and bought a house and put it in my name.
    As im my case i have never been advanced a loan to purchase a house. When it comes to applying this definition to the sale and purchase of mortgages, a FTB is, “a borrower to whom no housing loan has ever before been advanced”.
    Am i still a first to buyer when appling for a mortage. 10% deposit rather than 20% deposit.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

According to the official Central Bank of Ireland definition, a first-time buyer (FTB) is an individual who has never before, either by themselves or with others, purchased a house, apartment, or a site to build a home, in Ireland or abroad. When it comes to applying this definition to the sale and purchase of mortgages, a FTB is, “a borrower to whom no housing loan has ever before been advanced”.
    My parents sold there house and bought a house and put it in my name.
    As im my case i have never been advanced a loan to purchase a house. When it comes to applying this definition to the sale and purchase of mortgages, a FTB is, “a borrower to whom no housing loan has ever before been advanced”.
    Am i still a first to buyer when appling for a mortage. 10% deposit rather than 20% deposit.

How is this a question for tax heads..?

Advertisement