Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help - Immergas boiler no pressure

Options
  • 22-10-2020 9:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hey, looking for help, just after bleeding rads and boiler pressure is sitting near 0, it's an immergas eolo mini 24 s

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭carveone

Usually you just have to open a filling valve on the boiler and refill the system but it can depend on how yours was installed. On mine the pressure at that point was almost zero so someone put a small booster pump and a filling loop in at the immersion. Which is pretty silly but it does work! Next door, there's a gate valve behind the boiler which you can just about reach with your hand (took the RGI ages to find it).

I'm just saying all this because systems can vary in their installation and it's not always obvious. Hopefully yours is normal - there's a manual online which shows the valves on the bottom...

• Registered Users Posts: 13 mikeorourke69

carveone wrote: »
    Usually you just have to open a filling valve on the boiler and refill the system but it can depend on how yours was installed. On mine the pressure at that point was almost zero so someone put a small booster pump and a filling loop in at the immersion. Which is pretty silly but it does work! Next door, there's a gate valve behind the boiler which you can just about reach with your hand (took the RGI ages to find it).

I'm just saying all this because systems can vary in their installation and it's not always obvious. Hopefully yours is normal - there's a manual online which shows the valves on the bottom...

Thanks carveone, think this might be a custom job too, took a look at a few videos online and all mentioning the same but can't see anything like a pressure valve or filling loop here unless I'm missing something

• Registered Users Posts: 14 geraldo1982

Thanks carveone, think this might be a custom job too, took a look at a few videos online and all mentioning the same but can't see anything like a pressure valve or filling loop here unless I'm missing something

First picture the valve with the gauge on it, twist the little know on her and it will fill up top 8t up to one bar

First picture the valve with the gauge on it, twist the little know on her and it will fill up top 8t up to one bar

Black one seems to be a bleed valve for the unconnected pipe to the left of it, leaked out there when i opened it. Red knob with 3 bar on it in second pic caused water to come out the exhaust outside. Can't see any other

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭wiz569

Black one seems to be a bleed valve for the unconnected pipe to the left of it, leaked out there when i opened it. Red knob with 3 bar on it in second pic caused water to come out the exhaust outside. Can't see any other

He said the one in the first picture not third one.

• Advertisement

wiz569 wrote: »
    He said the one in the first picture not third one.

Good catch, cheers, uploaded in the wrong order

This the one so? Theres this one under the pressure guage and 3 gate valves, looks two on pipes to the attic and one off the tank

• Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭John.G

Open that black knob slowly and watch the pressure gauge, it should start rising slowly, shut it when the pressure reaches 1.0 to 1.5 bar.

Good catch, cheers, uploaded in the wrong order

This the one so? Theres this one under the pressure guage and 3 gate valves, looks two on pipes to the attic and one off the tank

All sorted, thanks for the help

Advertisement