Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

used 150hp tractors

Options
  • 21-10-2020 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

anyone any suggestions of reliable/straightforward 150hp tractors - have SAME 110hp but need more power for baling/hauling - <40k

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

Are you happy with the Same except for the prower? Big Sames seem to be good value second hand

• Registered Users Posts: 7 kj2020

yes - it has done a lot of work - put 2 oil pumps in over 15 years - losing power now for baling. Does anyone know are the newer models as reliable or are there any to stay away from.
    was looking at a NH7030 on net in NI - very clean looking - any issues with this model

• Registered Users Posts: 6,490 ✭✭✭jaymla627

kj2020 wrote: »
    yes - it has done a lot of work - put 2 oil pumps in over 15 years - losing power now for baling. Does anyone know are the newer models as reliable or are there any to stay away from.
    was looking at a NH7030 on net in NI - very clean looking - any issues with this model

7030 would be a good tractor once brakes etc where maintained, and if 50k the 50k bearing was done every 2-3k hours, engine/hydraulics fairly bomb -proof and the range command gearbox would be alot more desirable than the power command

thanks for reply - seen on another forum that power command better than range command?

didn't ring yet - 5000hrs and 40k box - not sure if bearing you spoke about is done.

mcmullan agri northern Ireland - cant copy link to post as new user on boards - see what you think on website - any suggestions appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭DBK1

thanks for reply - seen on another forum that power command better than range command?

didn't ring yet - 5000hrs and 40k box - not sure if bearing you spoke about is done.

mcmullan agri northern Ireland - cant copy link to post as new user on boards - see what you think on website - any suggestions appreciated
    Power Command is nicer to drive with but has a lot of reliability issues compared to range command. There’s contractors spending between 10 and 15k on power command gearboxes getting them rebuilt after only a few seasons work. The range command is far more reliable.

If that’s a 40k 7030 you’re looking at it won’t have the bearing issue, that was only a problem on the 50k tractors. It wouldn’t turn me off a 50k tractor either as it’s not a big job to do if done on time.

The one thing you should bear in mind is the 7030 is a big tractor compared to a 110 Same. I assume it’s probably an Antares your Same is? You’re talking about changing to a tractor about 3 to 3.5 ton heavier and I’d say not far off twice the physical size! It definitely would be overkill on a baler but if your happy that your yard and setup is good enough for a tractor of that size then they are a good machine to buy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Gillespy

That's good info on those tractors. Seen them for sale and wondered why they are that relatively cheap. You are right overkill for a normal baler, but my thinking is a tractor that size would open the door for a Fusion one day.

thanks for that info - good to know - have a same silver 110 - t7030 may be overkill for baler but also moving digger regularly. I am thinking better have the power - I take your point in relation to weight - space not an issue but my ground would not be overly dry.
    would you have any suggestions for make/model and reliable 150hp a bit lighter?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,107 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

That T7030 is gone now.

A rare dealer that puts up the prices :eek:

thanks for that info - good to know - have a same silver 110 - t7030 may be overkill for baler but also moving digger regularly. I am thinking better have the power - I take your point in relation to weight - space not an issue but my ground would not be overly dry.
    would you have any suggestions for make/model and reliable 150hp a bit lighter?
    I wouldn’t be too worried about the weight on ground because with the right tyres a heavier tractor won’t be leaving any heavier a footprint than the Same you have. I wouldn’t be trying to turn you off the 7030 either, if you’re happy with the bigger size around your facilities I’d be saying go for it. You won’t know yourself with the comfort you’d have moving the digger and you’d probably bale in the economy pto and not be burning much more diesel than you are at the minute, although the Same’s are one of the lightest tractors there is on diesel!

The 7030 would be about 170hp and they’re probably as good of value as there is in s tractor of that size.

As regards a smaller tractor to suit, the 6080 new Holland’s would be good but the 7030 would probably be bought cheaper. A Same Iron or Agrotron 150 would be a good reliable tractor and don’t be overly priced. There’s 2 different engine options and the 7 litre is a better unit. As close to a bomb proof tractor as you can get I’d say!

If you can work in the north, what about a Massey 5475:

https://www.glarryfordtractors.com/vehicle-details.php?id=290

Okay, its 135hp, but he has a few others around the 150hp mark too.

If you register to farmers weekly:

https://www.fwi.co.uk/machinery/tractors/buying-a-150hp-tractor-we-look-at-12-options
    https://www.fwi.co.uk/machinery/how-to-pick-a-good-used-150hp-tractor

• Advertisement

That T7030 is gone now.

A rare dealer that puts up the prices :eek:
    I’m only after looking at the tractor on their website now. She is a fine machine, full spec with sidewinder, only 5000 hrs and 4 brand new tyres, 710’s and 650’s. The price is gone off it now as it’s marked as sold, what price was it advertised at?

Hopefully you got there on time KJ to make the purchase!! If not then best of luck to whoever bought it, a serious machine.

unfortunately it wasn't me - maybe I should get a commission out of it - was interested though and thought price was ok - but it had power command which dbk1 said wasn't as good as range command - anyway plenty more out there - NI & UK sites good for putting up prices

thanks for replies lads - finally looking at a mcormick xtx 165 any opinions?

No opinion or knowledge on them, but a quick question - these tractors are all rated at 50km/h.
    What condition are your trailers etc as if you had a collision then I thought that the braking for a tractor capable of over 40km/h was a higher std. I think it needs 45% efficiency plus the need for an emergency brake.

good point - I am not that well informed when it comes to tractors - was probably looking at 40km box

it was advertised at 37,750 sterling

If you do a google there is usually chat about most models on the main forums:
    https://thefarmingforum.co.uk/index.php?threads/mccormick-xtx.80908/

However, as with everything no-one replies to say their tractor is doing fine - only those with bad experiences.

With second hand I'd look for something bearing in mind where the nearest dealer is located - just in case. They all interact and rebadge engines, use similar transmissions, axles etc. So, for some machines it really is down to the colour and the badge.
    for example, the McCormick X6 uses a Betapower engine which a Fiat engine and is the same as used in the Landini and New Holland of a similar size.

thanks for that - still on the look out - tractors have got very expensive and when you check out forums like you say there are always good and bad experiences with all makes and model

• Registered Users Posts: 6,895 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

Bought a tm 155 off garaghy birr last year, shes a lovely tractor

Advertisement