Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to childproof this outdoor tap

Options
  • 21-10-2020 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to childproof this outdoor tap. Any recommendations please?

The tap has an open/shut lever.

3 photos attached.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 geraldo1982

jc77 wrote: »
    I'm looking to childproof this outdoor tap. Any recommendations please?

The tap has an open/shut lever.

3 photos attached.

You could just remove the handle if the problem is with the child turning it on

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

Some of those handles cam be removed and put back on in a way that doesn't allow it to be turned. Try removing it and replacing it after rotating it 180 degrees.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭jc77

You could just remove the handle if the problem is with the child turning it on

Thank you, I have removed the handle as it is my 3-year old son who turned it on today and soaked himself.
    Wearb wrote: »
    Some of those handles cam be removed and put back on in a way that doesn't allow it to be turned. Try removing it and replacing it after rotating it 180 degrees.

Thank you. Unfortunately, this didn't work as rotating it 180 degrees it can still be turned on/off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

Put a 3/4" blank cap on in place of the hose outlet.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭jc77

Gen.Zhukov wrote: »
    Put a 3/4" blank cap on in place of the hose outlet.

This sounds a better idea in the longer term as I might lose the handle & screw, thank you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,642 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Let him get wet ?

He will soon leave it alone . Teaching is better option for prevention.

Advertisement