Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planning approval

Options
  • 21-10-2020 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all,

I have submitted some sketches & all the required info for pre-planning with dlrcoco at the start of sept. They said it would be 3-4 weeks to hear back from them. Has there been a known delay with planning due to covid? Just looking for some advice. Should I screw the preplanning altogether & just apply for the planning. What are the benefits of having a preplanning Meeting?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,845 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Yes pre-plannings are delayed. I know, because I have clients waiting for such meetings. You'll be lucky to get in before the new year in the current circumstances.

If what you are planning is fairly ordinary, domestic, typical of other work you see in your locality, then yes, I would go ahead with the application proper and take a chance. Even if you are refused, it'll give you guidance on where it fell short much quicker than a pre-meeting. Relatively few domestic applications have pre-planning meetings anyway.

Advertisement