Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loss of heating

Options
  • 21-10-2020 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭

Folks,

Had a young lad in to change a radiator the other week and since I've had no hot water ...so I'm in the hot press and I gather he's done something here maybe turned it off as when I turn it on I can feel the hit water enter the tank .....turn off heating try again nothing ...so I'm guessing this is my kink in the chain ..... question is am I ok to open this up and let the water flow in ? Or will I blow the tank ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,474 ✭✭✭John.G

That looks like a balancing valve so should be OK to open it say 1 full turn from closed, I take it that you are saying that you can hear the motorized valve operating when you select hot water.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

John.G wrote: »
    That looks like a balancing valve so should be OK to open it say 1 full turn from closed, I take it that you are saying that you can hear the motorized valve operating when you select hot water.

Cheers John .....I had the heating on and turned that valve I could hear & feel hot water entering the tank . I just wasn't sure if I'm to leave it open or not .....will the system just equalise out after a few mins ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,474 ✭✭✭John.G

Oh yes, leave it open, the reason you throttle it a little is so as that the coil doesn't rob all the boiler circulating water if both CH and HW on at the same time.

Advertisement