Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geocast beam or other over stove to protect tv

Options
  • 21-10-2020 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Just got inset stove fitted (Heatdesign Vitae 9kw) and now looking at options to put tv above. Original plan was to recess the tv into the wall but fitter only told us midway through construction that not possible owing to size and proximity to flue (in false chimney). We are limited on space height wise and in order to protect the TV and not have it too high we need to fit a non-combustible mantel aka geocast imitation wood. Timber would have to be at least 300mm away from top of stove. Just wondering on where I could get a modern contemporary one as opposed to the rustic type. Only need it 36" long which is another issue. €245 is what I am being quoted for a rustic one. Don't mind paying but would prefer to buy one we actually like. Any other options / suggestions ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭POBox19

That stove is going to throw out a lot of heat. IMHO a TV won't last too long above it. Maybe try a projector and avoid the mantle?
    From the manual: "In addition it is strongly recommended that any furniture or other combustible materials are kept at least 1000mm clear from the front of the stove and any mantle is at least 550mm above the stove."

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Fine Cheers

Thanks for reply and point taken.
    Manual telling me 300mm minimum to mantle but with I believe with the geocast ceramic you can go much closer as it is non-combustible. We did consider a projector but will need a fair bit of wiring in ceiling etc and not sure we watch enough tv to justify it. For now we might just try the tv when the stove is not lit and just see what its like height wise.

Advertisement