Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farmers up in arms over plan to rewet drained bogs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

12 lines of an article which is behind a pay wall with no summary or statement of what your thoughts are.

What's the point?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Yellow_Fern

rizzodun wrote: »
    12 lines of an article which is behind a pay wall with no summary or statement of what your thoughts are.

What's the point?

Media costs money to provide. It is an interesting story and a clog in the wheel of our climate change mitigation strategies.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

might be better off in the 'nature in the news' thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,636 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

The problem here is that it hasn't been properly explained to the affected farmers. Also doesn't help that the likes of the OPW, Waterways Ireland etc. are still inflicting river mangement policies on our wetlands that belong in the dark ages. BNM would also need to be brought to heel given its destructive windfarm plans on recovering wetlands all along the Shannon and elsewhere.

• Advertisement

I am a fan of rewetting but to be honest if it I was a farmer impacted I wouldn't.

Advertisement