Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power Shower not kicking in

Options
  • 21-10-2020 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭

Hi all
    having a problem with our power shower. It rarely kicks in when you turn the shower on and now it can take over 5 mins (even longer!) to turn on. Its just really weak flow coming out. It is located in the side attic off our bedroom and we also got a light fitted for this space in the past few months. I noticed that this light had stopped working recently and have electrician coming to check it out but last night when my wife tried to have a shower I noticed that the light came on as soon as the power shower pump kicked in. After a few mins the pump stopped again and the light would not work when I checked it.
    So I'm assuming that the light is running off the circuit the pump is on? I thought it might be a flow switch issue but I'm not sure where to start? I thought that the flow switch would be a plumbing issue but if the light is somehow linked is it more of an electrical issue?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,897 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Sounds like an electric issue. It sounds like something that you should get an electrician to investigate immediately. Lose connection can cause arching and become a fire risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭bungaro79

Thanks Sleeper. Will try and get our electrician to come earlier so if possible

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭bungaro79

Hi again
    Had the electrician out and he checked it and it seems to be ok from an electrical point of view. At the start, it didn't kick in when he was there which was good for him to see and then after a while it started working so he thinks there definitely is an issue with the pump. I took a photo of it and it's a Mira 2.0 bar twin ended pump. Not sure if it's just the flow switch in it or the whole pump is gone

Advertisement