Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Garda clearance for working in the UK

Options
  • 20-10-2020 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭

Ok so moved from Dublin to Uk few years ago, i require Garda clearance to work with kids in UK,I am getting clearance with a uk one here but the garda wont help at all,Was told to start with my local station of where i lived in Dublin,local station said they cant help but told us to contact main station in Pearse st,contacted Pearse st who said go to Garda vetting,vetting said no as only ROI companys can use them.

They said contact Data Protection,contacted data protection,did a data release form which is supposed to be only for personal use and used as proof of criminal historyi have no criminal history,they have said at least a 30 day wait if they will provide it.

I just want a criminal record check to prove i dont have one,anyone any ideas of where i can email or call to get some help with this,just going round in circles and no government departments want to help with something that will take them 5 mins

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

manutd83 wrote: »
    I just want a criminal record check to prove i dont have one,anyone any ideas of where i can email or call to get some help with this,just going round in circles and no government departments want to help with something that will take them 5 mins

It does not take five minutes, it a serious matter and they will to a full check before committing themselves to something.

I'd suggest you contact the Irish Embassy. I would expect that it is not the first time they have encountered this issue and most likely will have some ideas on how you can proceed to meet the requirements.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭manutd83

Jim2007 wrote: »
    It does not take five minutes, it a serious matter and they will to a full check before committing themselves to something.

I'd suggest you contact the Irish Embassy. I would expect that it is not the first time they have encountered this issue and most likely will have some ideas on how you can proceed to meet the requirements.

Sorry your probably right and not a 5 min job,im just so frustrated that i have been going around in circles for about a week now and no department ,garda vetting or otherwise are able/willing to help in the slightest

I will call the embassy in the morning

Thanks

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

kravmaga wrote: »

More or less confirms what the OP has experienced. The UK is no longer in the EU.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭Vetch

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/moving_country/moving_abroad/leaving_ireland/police_certificate.html

Irish people living abroad
    Generally speaking, if you are an Irish person living abroad it is not possible to obtain a Police Certificate from Ireland unless you require it:

For visa purposes
    To apply for residency in another country
    In the above instances, write to the Superintendent of your police district here in Ireland and request a Police Certificate.

However, if you are living abroad and require a Police Certificate from Ireland for something like a job, you could get in touch with the local police in the country where you now live. Explain to them what you require and they may get in touch on your behalf with your nearest police station here in Ireland and request this information.

• Advertisement
Advertisement