Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Shares

• 20-10-2020 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭ ludeen

Hi all, very new to buying shares so bear with me, so I bought shares through a company based in Cork, the
    Mother company is based in the U K. The cork company went in to liquidation and shares were transferred
    To UK, I would like to get them back to Ireland , I asked the UK co this and they said I need a form
    from the new Irish co. Question is is there any self administratered platform I can transfer them to
    as I wish to hold them long term but their management fees are eating in to my principal ( now sterling).
    Sorry if Long winded,cheers. Ludeen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,749 ✭✭✭ Shedite27

ludeen wrote: »
    Hi all, very new to buying shares so bear with me, so I bought shares through a company based in Cork, the
    Mother company is based in the U K. The cork company went in to liquidation and shares were transferred
    To UK, I would like to get them back to Ireland , I asked the UK co this and they said I need a form
    from the new Irish co. Question is is there any self administratered platform I can transfer them to
    as I wish to hold them long term but their management fees are eating in to my principal ( now sterling).
    Sorry if Long winded,cheers. Ludeen
    The "company based in Cork", do you mean a broker? Degiro would allow you transfer in, albeit for a fee. Chepest way is usually to sell the shares, get the cash, then rebuy the shares through Degiro, although you may be liable to CGT if you've made a big gain.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭ ludeen

Shedite27 wrote: »
    The "company based in Cork", do you mean a broker? Degiro would allow you transfer in, albeit for a fee. Chepest way is usually to sell the shares, get the cash, then rebuy the shares through Degiro, although you may be liable to CGT if you've made a big gain.

Hi ,yes it was a broker Redmayne, think you maybe right on selling the shares, my only worry is the timeline.
    But thanks for that ,.

Advertisement