Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VRT on EV from UK?

Options
  • 20-10-2020 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭

Hi

Is there any VRT or VAT to pay on a near new. 2020 secondhand nissan leaf EV from the UK?

I checked in revenue VRT checker and it says 0, but wanted to double check. Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

We are not going to disagree with the Revenue Calculator, the jist is once it's OMSP is under €35,714 then there is no VRT payable as there is a €5,000 grant/exemption for EVs at present.
    Note that if under 6 months OR less than 6,000kms at date of registration in the state there is VAT payable.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭corglass

slave1 wrote: »
    We are not going to disagree with the Revenue Calculator, the jist is once it's OMSP is under €35,714 then there is no VRT payable as there is a €5,000 grant/exemption for EVs at present.
    Note that if under 6 months OR less than 6,000kms at date of registration in the state there is VAT payable.
    Thanks, that 6,000 km could be nasty surprise

• Registered Users Posts: 18,942 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

corglass wrote: »
    Thanks, that 6,000 km could be nasty surprise

It was a good reason to go for long spins before the lock down.

Advertisement