Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mira Elite QT - replacing elbow

Options
  • 20-10-2020 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

One of the clips on the elbow has snapped causing a leak so have got a replacement elbow and clips

Should I replace the whole elbow or just the broken clip (one clip seems fine so am wary of removing that one as it seems to be tightly fitted)

Should I put some silicon where the elbow slots over the pipe?

Just looking for tips on how to fit it

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭patspost

I am interested in this thread.
    Looking at my elbow joint the rubber on the right hand side has perished, the clip also seems to be broken.

Where did you get your elbow joint from jt?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,882 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Buy a new elbow. Costs around 20 euros if fitting yourself. The replacement ones are black and a better /thicker quality. Even the clips are a little stronger. Replace the elbow & both clips. We would never just replace the clip on its own

patspost wrote:
    Where did you get your elbow joint from jt?

Google mira elite qt pump elbow & you'll find Irish and UK sites. Beware delivery from some UK sites can be close to 10 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭patspost

I got one today in local how, 31€.
    The shower is only 3 or 4 years old..
    Installed now.

If ordering online make sure they have it in stock, otherwise could be a bop it of a wait.

patspost wrote:
    I got one today in local how, 31€. The shower is only 3 or 4 years old.. Installed now.

Wow! That's a shocking price. I suppose its worth it not having to wait for one to be delivered if its the only shower in the house

• Advertisement
Advertisement