Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Soft top maintenance

Options
  • 17-10-2020 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

I have a soft top car I'll be getting ready for the road during the winter.

I'd like to know the best shampoos to use to clean the roof and then the best sealer I can get.

I've never done it before so any tips and advice would be welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭s8n

wash and go ?

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭ferg01

I use autoglym soft top cleaner and protectant.

The cleaner itself is only ok but you notice a big difference once the protectant is on.

Before you use the protectant, I also use a very diluted Milton to get rid of any mould.

I’d also store it in a garage and covered if possible, depending on how often you’re going to use it.

I’ll be doing this shortly too!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

ferg01 wrote: »
    I use autoglym soft top cleaner and protectant.

The cleaner itself is only ok but you notice a big difference once the protectant is on.

Before you use the protectant, I also use a very diluted Milton to get rid of any mould.

I’d also store it in a garage and covered if possible, depending on how often you’re going to use it.

I’ll be doing this shortly too!
    Perfect, and thank you for the useful reply.

Its been inside since I got it in July and will be staying that way for the winter. There was green mould (?) On it when I got it so I need to was this off. I then want to seal it. Its just mainly to get a small job done over the winter and to protect it for next year.

Advertisement