Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lifting TB Restrictions

Options
  • 17-10-2020 9:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭

Hey all, quick q, went down with TB early summer, I de stocked a few weeks back when I killed off the remainder of the cattle. 13th Oct was the date for the final TB test but with no cattle its an automatic clear. I rang DVO the following day to check if restrictions ahd now been lifted and, I kid you not, they didn't know 😂

Now the lad was lovely and said he'd put it in his diary to clear it on Friday but I should ring the local mart and see if anything comes up on their system. So I did and obvs the restrictions were still in place.

Im wondering if there's anywhere online I can check myself rather than having to ring the DVO and mart again 😂 thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Nowhere to check other than the Dept, unless the vet has the same type of access as the mart so they could be worth trying?

Ring them again Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 aphextwit

Afaik it is at the discretion of the Department vet as to how and when restrictions are lifted. You do not automatically get the credit you might get for de stocking and having a disease break. It might be better to have kept two, tested and then slaughtered. It seems quite possible that any newly purchased bovine may have to be tested again circa 60 days later. Others may have a different experience.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

T0001 wrote: »

Im wondering if there's anywhere online I can check myself rather than having to ring the DVO and mart again �� thanks

Your vet will be able to check online to see if you're still restricted or not.

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 146 ✭✭salamiii

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 146 ✭✭salamiii

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭T0001

Just to close this off, got a letter from the DVO this morning letting me know the restrictions have been lifted. Having no stock following a TB breakdown results in an automatic clear. Thankfully I'm low-risk aswell so it's all as you were now. Thanks for the replies.

Advertisement