Advertisement
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Zappi and Nissan Leaf

• 16-10-2020 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24 Delber

Hi,

Is it true that the type 1 to type 2 cable connector that is supplied with a 2016 30kwh Leaf won't work with a tethered Zappi. If so what is the best connector to get? Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭ slave1

I'm in this exact situation and just bought this lad....Zappi 2 coming shortly

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B086MVSFCP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Registered Users Posts: 13,665 ✭✭✭✭ JPA

Delber wrote: »
    Hi,

Is it true that the type 1 to type 2 cable connector that is supplied with a 2016 30kwh Leaf won't work with a tethered Zappi. If so what is the best connector to get? Thanks

A tethered Zappi does not need another cable. You can get a tethered Zappi in Type 1 or Type 2.

Now I don't know if the Zappi 2 does not do the Type 1 anymore, so might want to check that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭ KCross

JPA wrote: »
    Now I don't know if the Zappi 2 does not do the Type 1 anymore, so might want to check that.

That seems to be the case. Type 1 is not listed on their website anymore.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 58,854 CMod ✭✭✭✭ unkel

KCross wrote: »
    That seems to be the case. Type 1 is not listed on their website anymore.

Not surprising. No market for it. Who would spend €4k on an elderly Leaf and then have no problem spending the guts of €2k (before grant) on a new model Zappi install? :p

"Wind is Ireland's oil" - An Taoiseach, 25/05/2022

Advertisement