Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone have a Myson CP53 or 63? I only need the bleed screw

Options
  • 15-10-2020 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I wonder does anyone have a knackered Myson CP53 or 63. There was a bit of air in the system and I opened the bleed screw and when I closed it off there was a tiny leak from the bleed screw. I’ll have to put it down to being heavy handed! Does anyone have the little bleed screw with the black cap that I could buy from them, to save me the expensive fix of a new pump?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,474 ✭✭✭John.G

You may find a O ring seal, if so, it should be easy enough to pick one up at any plumbing place, (If the threads havn't gone) Even a few wraps of that famous PTFE tape may seal it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭brophs

John.G wrote: »
    You may find a O ring seal, if so, it should be easy enough to pick one up at any plumbing place, (If the threads havn't gone) Even a few wraps of that famous PTFE tape may seal it.

Thanks John. Had a look at it in the cold light of day and it doesn't seem the screw itself comes out. Either way, as you said, a couple of wraps of PTFE seems to have made it watertight again, fingers crossed.

Advertisement