Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Optimisers

  • 15-10-2020 6:02pm
    #1
    Registered Users Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭


    Just looking for some advice on a family members setup. They have 3-4 panels in a strong which are shaded by a wall art different points of the day. This seems to be affecting the while string output. After optimisers fitted to just the shadowed panels and are they fitted inline?


Comments

  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74


    depends on the setup, solar edge or enphase use a small optimiser on the back of the panel, each panel is then connected in parrell, so if one is in sheade the others will achieve the max output they cam, if on the other hand their is just one large inventor, then the lowest panel will determine the power it can produce,


  • Registered Users Posts: 64,315 ✭✭✭✭unkel


    gally74 wrote: »
    depends on the setup, solar edge or enphase use a small optimiser on the back of the panel, each panel is then connected in parrell

    Usually in series, not in parallel :)


  • Registered Users Posts: 64,315 ✭✭✭✭unkel


    irishchris wrote: »
    Just looking for some advice on a family members setup. They have 3-4 panels in a strong which are shaded by a wall art different points of the day. This seems to be affecting the while string output. After optimisers fitted to just the shadowed panels and are they fitted inline?

    And sorry, to answer your question. Yes that is the trick. Use an optimizer for every panel that gets any shade. The optimizer's job is that the shaded panel does not drag down the performance of the whole string

    And they are just click and play. Basically normally you'd click the MC4 positive connector from panel 1 into the MC4 negative connector of panel 2. With an optimizer this sits in between. Also MC4 click and play system

    02-000610_02-000610_TIGO_TS4-A-O_1500V_UL_1000V_TUV,1M_Cable,MC4_01.jpg?1589964662


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭irishchris


    unkel wrote: »
    And sorry, to answer your question. Yes that is the trick. Use an optimizer for every panel that gets any shade. The optimizer's job is that the shaded panel does not drag down the performance of the whole string

    And they are just click and play. Basically normally you'd click the MC4 positive connector from panel 1 into the MC4 negative connector of panel 2. With an optimizer this sits in between. Also MC4 click and play system

    02-000610_02-000610_TIGO_TS4-A-O_1500V_UL_1000V_TUV,1M_Cable,MC4_01.jpg?1589964662

    Thanks a mill, will look at getting some of these


Advertisement