Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Clothes Shopping

Options
  • 15-10-2020 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭

Has anyone had a good experience buying clothes online? Any sites you would recommend above others? I've always done a big shop at TK Maxx about 3 times a year and that would be it except for odds and ends for holidays and weddings and the like. Since we're not allowed to try clothes on for size anymore, I was thinking this might be the push I need to explore an alternative.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

I'm not the biggest fan of online clothes buying. There's a lot to be said for walking into a shop, something catching your eye, trying it on and deciding, I would say at least 80% of items I try on I know immediately that it's not for me. I bought a jacket online a couple of years and when it arrived it was to small, by the time I'd sent it back and re ordered the next size up and received it, over two weeks had passed, I'm not sure I like that way of buying clothes
    All that being said, Cork city is pretty poor for clothes shopping for middle aged guys like myself. Buying online can be more successful if you are used to wearing certain brands and know how their sizing works. For example I like a brand of shirts called R2, I know size 16 is a perfect fit so I've been able to buy some online (a store in Donegal had 24 hour delivery which is quite satisfying), I swore blind I'd never by shoes online until I discovered that their size 10 is always a perfect fit for me (their shop selection is pretty poor).
    You'll have much more choice but be prepared for getting items that you wont like when get them.

Advertisement