Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rental process 2020

Options
  • 14-10-2020 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi,

I'm looking to hear landlords experience of letting a property in this Covid era.

I have one rental property which is coming vacant at end of this month. The current tenants are excellent so I don't mind skipping a pre-leaving inspection and will just meet them on leaving day to do inspection, keys, inventory etc. So I should be able to minimise contact with them easily.

I'm more concerned about the practicalities of viewings and how to keep everyone safe. Obviously masks and social distancing is a given......does anyone have any tips they have found worked well when letting property recently?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Ozark707

Memory101 wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm looking to hear landlords experience of letting a property in this Covid era.

I have one rental property which is coming vacant at end of this month. The current tenants are excellent so I don't mind skipping a pre-leaving inspection and will just meet them on leaving day to do inspection, keys, inventory etc. So I should be able to minimise contact with them easily.

I'm more concerned about the practicalities of viewings and how to keep everyone safe. Obviously masks and social distancing is a given......does anyone have any tips they have found worked well when letting property recently?

Thanks in advance

There have been a couple of new lettings in our place. Seemed straightforward with viewings as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭CiboC

I let an apartment last week.

Usual pre-screening of candidates by asking for a form to be completed and references etc sent by email.

Invite selected people to view by issuing individual appointments, each appointment a 15 minute slot, have masks and sanitiser in the hallway (no masks needed, everybody who came already had one.

All went smoothly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭brisan

CiboC wrote: »
    I let an apartment last week.

Usual pre-screening of candidates by asking for a form to be completed and references etc sent by email.

Invite selected people to view by issuing individual appointments, each appointment a 15 minute slot, have masks and sanitiser in the hallway (no masks needed, everybody who came already had one.

All went smoothly.

Plus leave all doors open so nobody has to touch handles etc

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Memory101

Thanks for the tips so far. Any more advice very welcome!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,689 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Open the windows. Fresh air is your friend.

• Advertisement
Advertisement