Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you employ someone to view property on your behalf?

Options
  • 14-10-2020 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

I'm not sure what it would be called, but we are trying to buy in the Republic but live in the uk. The covid rules are 14 days isolation on arrival, which makes nipping back and forth for viewings difficult.
    We would want to employ someone impartial,(so not the estate agent selling the property) who could livestream as he walked around it for us to have a look. Short of moving over and renting (unlikely with our cats) I'm struggling to see a way forward and we will soon be homeless as we have sold our house. Does such a thing even exist?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

spamchops wrote: »
    I'm not sure what it would be called, but we are trying to buy in the Republic but live in the uk. The covid rules are 14 days isolation on arrival, which makes nipping back and forth for viewings difficult.
    We would want to employ someone impartial,(so not the estate agent selling the property) who could livestream as he walked around it for us to have a look. Short of moving over and renting (unlikely with our cats) I'm struggling to see a way forward and we will soon be homeless as we have sold our house. Does such a thing even exist?

You could try a relocation company? Santa Fe Relocation seems to offer a home finding service
    <SNIP>

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭eusap

think its called a Buyers Agent, some of them are listed online

• Registered Users Posts: 5,076 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Unless you want someone to find properties for you, anyone can livestream a property, have you got relatives or friends here who could do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 spamchops

Sadly not, I googled Buyers agents, most seem to do all the searching for you too, then charge 2% of the property price, eek. We just need an impartial person to wander about the place with a phone or camera so we can see all the stuff the EA photos are hiding. if we could talk to them and ask them to do things, that would be great.
    I think in Ireland at the moment you aren't allowed to move between counties (??) so it would have to be someone close to the property I suppose.
    Relocating is bad enough without Covid adding it's large spanner into everyone's works...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

spamchops wrote: »
    Sadly not, I googled Buyers agents, most seem to do all the searching for you too, then charge 2% of the property price, eek. We just need an impartial person to wander about the place with a phone or camera so we can see all the stuff the EA photos are hiding. if we could talk to them and ask them to do things, that would be great.
    I think in Ireland at the moment you aren't allowed to move between counties (??) so it would have to be someone close to the property I suppose.
    Relocating is bad enough without Covid adding it's large spanner into everyone's works...

Can you contact eg the shop in your nearest village and ask if they know anyone who could do that? That is how I found someone to help me move stuff . They know everyone!.. They will love that you are thinking of moving there too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

A snagger or building surveyor might do it for you, not exactly what you want but at least they’d be used to looking around houses.

Advertisement