Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hive heating

Options
  • 13-10-2020 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, hoping someone knows the answer, haven’t had much luck with BG / Hive

I had hive installed in Jan. Prior to installing we had Thermostat downstairs and upstairs and water heated separately.

When Hive was installed they put in a single control unit and thermostat downstairs (water not separate) So once house reaches temperature set downstairs, boiler doesn’t turn on. So we basically had no hot water all summer.

BG have told us that this is correct, that only single point is controlled by boiler. Hive suggested a new boiler 🙄(I don’t have a combi boiler.) So are they correct or should they have installed the water and heating unit?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 CK21

Thanks, I know it can do multi zone, I suppose my question is more If I had multizone prior to installation should hive not work the same. Or could the split in the zone be in the hot press so to replicate with hive is a bigger job?

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭xl500

Well if you wanted it as before then you need multizone could you heat all 3 zones separately before or upstairs , downstairs,hot water if so then they gave not installed the
    Hive multizone and it's only controlling heat as single zone

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

Prior to your Hive install, you say you had stats upstair, downstairs and separate hot water, but what 'timer' did you have?

If you had a single channel timer, then in reality you had a single switch, and Hive can only replace the timer you had.

xl50, I am going to assume it's a system with 2 motorised valves, 2 room stats and a single channel timer, without the motorised valve for hot water, and without the auxiliary from both motorised valves wired in at all. This is a common way tiger era builds were done (unfortunately) and would require a total upgrade (wiring installed from hotpress tot he boiler , dhw mv and stat fitted) and then would be suitable for a full Hive multizone.

Advertisement