Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glow-worm 30sx boiler

Options
  • 13-10-2020 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭

Hi, I’m just wondering what temperature should be displayed on the boiler when it is heating the rads only? It’s set at 75°C on the boiler itself but the max. displayed is 65°C

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭John.G

Logically, it should display 75C, a 30 kw boiler should have no problem in reaching this temperature, it may have been range rated (output reduced), I would suggest reducing the set point to say 60C, if the set point and displayed temperature are then the same then it points to some other problem or the boiler output has been reduced.
    You may have outside temperature compensation installed which changes the set point automatically but I don't know if the selected manual set point stays the same or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

I was also thinking that when it is heating the radiators and not the hot water as well it’s displaying the temperature of the water running through the rads and back through the boiler?

It seems to hang on 64/65° for the radiator temperature (when heating the radiators only and not rads and hot water) and has no problem going to 75° for the hot water temperature when heating just the water.

It looks as if you may have hot water priority which means that if hot water or hot water + central heating is selected that it goes to 75C but if so I wonder where the central heating set point of 65C comes from, some boilers have two selectors, one for hot water set point temp, the other for central heating set point temperature, I presume you have a hot water cylinder and that your boiler isn't a combi?.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

John.G wrote: »
    It looks as if you may have hot water priority which means that if hot water or hot water + central heating is selected that it goes to 75C but if so I wonder where the central heating set point of 65C comes from, some boilers have two selectors, one for hot water set point temp, the other for central heating set point temperature, I presume you have a hot water cylinder and that your boiler isn't a combi?.

Correct. It’s not a combi boiler. I’m more curious than anything as the heating works fine.

Don't tell me its something as dead simple as this.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMdrmMXlpXA

• Advertisement
Advertisement