Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free to air box

Options
  • 13-10-2020 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,539 ✭✭✭✭

Not massive tv people so over time our free to air box has lost stations and we’ve not bothered to chase it up. I think it’s down to 8-10 now 😂

Looking at the free to air list provided on the other thread it’s a marvellous resource.

I know our box allowes usb back up and loading of station data. Is there a standard format that I could copy down that list onto usb and use it to update my box ?

Box is Optimuss Underline 3in1

I was thinking of downloading the current list onto the usb. Then look at the usb on the laptop to see if it can be read and edited easily, does this make sense ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭KaneToad

_Brian wrote: »
    Not massive tv people so over time our free to air box has lost stations and we’ve not bothered to chase it up. I think it’s down to 8-10 now 😂

Looking at the free to air list provided on the other thread it’s a marvellous resource.

I know our box allowed Ian back up and loading of station data. Is there a standard format that I could copy down that list onto usb and use it to update my box ?

I was thinking of downloading the current list onto the usb. Then look at the usb on the laptop to see if it can be read and edited easily, does this make sense ??

Are you not overcomplicating it ?
    Would a rescan of the satellite not do what you want?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,778 ✭✭✭DopeTech

What box do you have? The process and format depends on what receiver you have.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭swoofer

What happens is that channels change frequenies over time and newer boxes have a facility that will run automatiically and pick up the changes.

In your case you just need to replace the channels you have lost by re-scanning them. To get the new frequencies you need to go here and search for each one.

https://en.kingofsat.net/

To learn how to mange box go here and watch the videos. you will have to scroll down on how to add channels individually.

https://www.freetv.ie/edision-optimuss-underline-3-in-1-user-manual/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭ooter

Can you not just delete your current list of channels and do a fresh scan, that will pull in all channels that are currently available?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,539 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

swoofer wrote: »
    What happens is that channels change frequenies over time and newer boxes have a facility that will run automatiically and pick up the changes.

In your case you just need to replace the channels you have lost by re-scanning them. To get the new frequencies you need to go here and search for each one.

https://en.kingofsat.net/

To learn how to mange box go here and watch the videos. you will have to scroll down on how to add channels individually.

https://www.freetv.ie/edision-optimuss-underline-3-in-1-user-manual/

Yes I saw that you can add them individually. But I thought maybe I could do a bulk add.

• Advertisement

ooter wrote: »
    Can you not just delete your current list of channels and do a fresh scan, that will pull in all channels that are currently available?

No.
    Ours is a simpler (cheaper) box that doesn’t update the frequencies so it’s looking for stations at the old frequencies.

DopeTech wrote: »
    What box do you have? The process and format depends on what receiver you have.

Must be 6 years there without being updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Must be 6 years there without being updated.

You could pick up a cheap box nowadays that will run autoboquets and rescan new frequencies no problemo. User interface can be excellent as well

Nigzcurran wrote: »
    You could pick up a cheap box nowadays that will run autoboquets and rescan new frequencies no problemo. User interface can be excellent as well

Yea.
    Did I mention I’m a cheapskate too 😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Yea.
    Did I mention I’m a cheapskate too 😂😂

I have a sab triple tuner lying around somewhere not being used if it’s of any interest. Worked flawlessly for years for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭MenloPete

Freetv.ie have videos online on retuning which should help you.
    The current list from the box is not much use to you.
    Do a re-tune, dump it to USB, sort it on your PC and then reload it to box.

Nigzcurran wrote: »
    I have a sab triple tuner lying around somewhere not being used if it’s of any interest. Worked flawlessly for years for me

Thank you for the offer.

What I didn’t realise is the channels tune in as groups. That makes it much easier than I expected, I thought it was literally channel by channel.

So I spent some time and I think we’ve gotten all the stations we will ever need 🙄

The dam tv is so rarely on, only really looking it as I’m half laid up with sore back so there’s little I can be doing outside. Two kids don’t watch tv amd my wife rang me few weeks ago she couldn’t Fichte how to get freeview box on the tv. Like I said, we’re not really tv people.

Thanks folks 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 2 donovanp

Hi. Looking for tech advice on one of these. Optimuss Underline stuck in start boot sequence due to usb pendrive failure while updating it , will not start up, anyway to rescue it? BIN?

Advertisement