Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Combi vs Heat pump for 1970's House reno

Options
  • 13-10-2020 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Im doing a reno on a 1400fts dormer house. One salesman is trying to convince me that a 16,000 Euro air to heat system is great value. I dont have that kind of money to spend unfortunately. Another plumber I spoke to advised me that a Combi boiler will work just fine for this size of a house.

The 3 bed house has 2 showers, 1 kitchen tap & 2 sets of taps in toilet sinks.

1- Will a combi provide good hot water pressure for a shower?
    2- Will it be able to run a hot water tap and shower simultaneously?
    3- Will I need a storage tank and pump with the Combi?

Any recommendations on the type of Boiler, pumps and tanks would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,928 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

LocoLogo wrote:
    1- Will a combi provide good hot water pressure for a shower? 2- Will it be able to run a hot water tap and shower simultaneously? 3- Will I need a storage tank and pump with the Combi?

3. You will need a storage tank & pump. Your attic cold water tank can fill this roll.

2. If you use a storage tank & pump then yes

1. If you use a storage tank & pump then yes.

Storage tank & pump is the key to a good system

• Registered Users Posts: 9 LocoLogo

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    3. You will need a storage tank & pump. Your attic cold water tank can fill this roll.

2. If you use a storage tank & pump then yes

1. If you use a storage tank & pump then yes.

Storage tank & pump is the key to a good system

Thanks for the response. Ive heard some people saying the pumps are very noisy and should be placed outside? any comment on this

• Registered Users Posts: 16,928 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

LocoLogo wrote:
    Thanks for the response. Ive heard some people saying the pumps are very noisy and should be placed outside? any comment on this

Lots of different pumps. Some downstairs in utility room, some in the hot press, some in the attic and some submerged in the cold water tank in the attic. If you have a good installer you shouldn't have a lot of noise

Advertisement