Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rising up yard

Options
  • 13-10-2020 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Looking for recommendations for rising up my yard . It is about 9/10 inches lower than the public road and a lot of water from the road is coming in off it and making mush out of my yard, which in turn is going back out onto the road on the wheels of the milk truck . Looking for advice on the size of stone to purchase

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,877 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

Looking for recommendations for rising up my yard . It is about 9/10 inches lower than the public road and a lot of water from the road is coming in off it and making mush out of my yard, which in turn is going back out onto the road on the wheels of the milk truck . Looking for advice on the size of stone to purchase

8 0 4 I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Jb1989

kevthegaff wrote: »
    8 0 4 I'd say

Dig out a grid and get rid of the water immediately perhaps

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Fine Day

Build it up it bigger field stone or the likes and then blind it off it quarry stone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭49801

Speed bump and don’t let water onto yard. Accept water further down road instead

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Dunedin

If you’ve thought about the options of stopping the water as per the posts above and still want to rise it then broken stone blinded off with 804 is your best job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭enricoh

We got a good few loads of road planings a few years ago, got them for sod all and after a few months it all kind of glues back together.
    Any resurfacing going on near u, u could ask them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭memorystick

6 inch down with 804 on top. Try and get water off it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,130 ✭✭✭✭Water John

enricoh wrote: »
    We got a good few loads of road planings a few years ago, got them for sod all and after a few months it all kind of glues back together.
    Any resurfacing going on near u, u could ask them.

Think they can't be got anymore as disposal has to be fully documented to a receiving facility.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭davidk1394

What's going to be in the yard ? Get large drainage stone or quarry run for the first few inches. The last 2 inches use 8 0 4 or something to bind it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,209 ✭✭✭tanko

Water John wrote: »
    Think they can't be got anymore as disposal has to be fully documented to a receiving facility.

It can be got alrite, great stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,152 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Just wondering why your yard is 9/10 inches lower than the public road. What I mean is it because the road has been resurfaced over the years causing it to be higher?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,070 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

tanko wrote: »
    It can be got alrite, great stuff.

It *can* be got the same as a lot of things i.e. unofficially and cash into hand but hypothetically, if you were caught with it I reckon that you could be made dispose of it at a registered facility at your own expense.

Advertisement