Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radiator not heating

Options
  • 12-10-2020 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭

Hi I have a radiator in an extension that never really heated up, it's a large type 22 double radiator 1500 x 500. Sometimes the top of the radiator heats up a bit, it was also the last radiator as it was added on with extension.

From what I read it was probably full of sediment so I took it off the wall and powerhosed it, lots of black gunk came out. No change in heat output :(

I got a plumber out who repiped it directly to the boiler and changed the valves, a Bosch Worcester which was only a few feet away.
    Worked great for a month but now it's back to not heating up. The input valve is boiling and the output is freezing.
    I thought it might be sediment again so I took it off and power hosed it again, the water flies through it no problem, no sign of blockage.
    I put the radiator back on and still no heating going through. No air bubbles or anything.

The plumber want to change the radiator now but it's very dear to replace and I don't think it's the problem, any one got any ideas before I spend big bucks on a new radiator.
    Sorry for rambling.

Advertisement