Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dispatches ch 4

Options
  • 12-10-2020 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭

Great prog on about american food coming to Britain after Brexit ch 135 or235 for plus1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭memorystick

The race to the bottom has left us well behind. Very wrong style of food production.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭ruwithme

Although could any other type of farming to produce food for a population of over 300 million people,many with big big appetites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭NcdJd

ruwithme wrote: »
    Although could any other type of farming to produce food for a population of over 300 million people,many with big big appetites.

Haven't got the station lads only got the rabbit ears but from what I can gleam, if that's an actual word, it's cheap food for the masses. Again am I right that there is no discussion on price consumers are paying for food other than being critical of farms getting bigger chasing a an ever dwindling profit margin ?

If the consumer wants food produce to cost nothing then what do they expect is gonna happen?

I'm probably getting this wrong but sounds like people are taking a pop at large scale food production.

https://time.com/5736789/small-american-farmers-debt-crisis-extinction/

Advertisement