Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reclaiming stamp duty

Options
  • 12-10-2020 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭

How would one go about reclaiming stamp duty on agricultural land, can the person do it themselves or must the account/solicitor who done the original payment have to claim the refund?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭DJ98

DJ98 wrote: »
    How would one go about reclaiming stamp duty on agricultural land, can the person do it themselves or must the account/solicitor who done the original payment have to claim the refund?

Just to add have completed the green cert also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭djmc

This has changed a bit I was actually going to write a walk through article about it.
    you need to signup to my account if you have not already https://www.ros.ie/myaccount-web/sign_in.html?execution=e1s1
    then scroll down and on the left hand side of the page click the e repayments tab
    you will need to fill up the online form and attach pictures of your invoices. its not too hard once you have done it once.
    You used to be able to send in a form called vat 58 with invoices attached but now they will just post it back to you and tell you do it online because they like to make things awkward when it comes to claiming back money.
    If I write a step by step guide to the process on my blog I can send it on to you as I find it hard enough to think of things to write about sometimes anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Fine Day

DJ98 wrote: »

Under 35 and have completed the green cert. Other than that you have to pay 6%. A right pain handing over your hard earned cash to the government . Special when you are expanding the farm business.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭djmc

Sorry read the post wrong this morning thought you were asking about reclaiming vat

• Registered Users Posts: 19,070 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Theheff wrote: »
    Under 35 and have completed the green cert. Other than that you have to pay 6%. A right pain handing over your hard earned cash to the government . Special when you are expanding the farm business.

7.5% since last year. Unless it changed today which I don't think it did!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Fine Day

7.5% since last year. Unless it changed today which I don't think it did!

I was charged 6% last year for a purchase I made.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,070 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Theheff wrote: »
    I was charged 6% last year for a purchase I made.

It was changed in Budget 2019.

If you could prove that you had the sale agreed before the Budget date I think you could still potentially complete it at the old rate. Not sure of the exact details/requirements on that. But if you had it completed before that Budget you were on 6%.

Advertisement