Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter frame recommendation

Options
  • 12-10-2020 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭

So after upgrading bits and pieces on my other bikes over the last 18 months I'm left with nearly a full bike apart from a frame. Has me thinking that a winter specific bike might be worth getting. So just wondering if there's any recommendations for something for winter, only real need is mudguard eyelets. Doesn't need to be endurance specific geometry or anything, I have a comfy set up already so if I can get something similar size wise (54) I'd be happy. Budget isn't huge though, whole idea is to do this on the cheap. I'd say max of 800 euro. Rim brake too.

Bowman weald is lovely but disc only, would mean new groupset needed and wheels. Dolan Titanium looks nice, little out of budget but the sort of thing I might stretch to if it's the best available. Or am I better looking second hand for that money and selling on my bits?

Edited to add: Would like to be able to buy local too, my own local bike shop have been great but just don't have anything like I need. Based in Dublin.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,578 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

since i'm no longer commuting, i'm half thinking of selling a bike i once bought off a boardsie - would be the right size for you...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭joey100

I think I know that bike. For some reason never took to it, don't know why or what it was but just wasn't for me really!

Advertisement