Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LGBT+ couples in Drimnagh

Options
  • 12-10-2020 9:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi All

My partner and I are considering a property in Drimnagh, any lgbt couples living in the area could give us some feedback?

Thankkks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

Might be better in the lgbt forum for responses. Like many areas I think you will be subject to immature teenage kids taunting which will be more down to their age than anything else. Best of luck with your move.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 bo36

Hi there!

Yes my partner and I recently relocated to Drimnagh. No issues to speak of really, neighbours are grand with us (as they should be) and are generally happy to have people living in the house that maintain the garden etc. I would echo the comment above re ignorant teenagers/kids, we have had a few comments in the past but nothing significant really.

We have socialized locally, and its fine. Its a fairly metropolitan vibe around here, people/couples of all types and races living side by side. People mind their own business really. I am aware of a few other LGBT people who live here and they would say similar.

Where approximately are you considering?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Anna4563

Might be better in the lgbt forum for responses. Like many areas I think you will be subject to immature teenage kids taunting which will be more down to their age than anything else. Best of luck with your move.

Hi!

I think you are absolutely right, only the second time I’m using boards so a bit confused! Will post there!

Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭Doop

My partner and I bought in Drimnagh 1.5 years ago, no issues atall, neighbor is fine, we are set in off a main road, but generally everyone is just going about their own business, everyone is generally friendly. Pubs etc no issue.

That said I did lol @ Drimnagh having "a metropolitan vibe" ! I never would of described it as that! But yes its a big area with a big mix of people.

Good luck with your purchase!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 bo36

Haha! Yes metropolitan may have been a bit strong there, but I suppose what I mean is more that there are all nationalities, races, age groups living side by side...

• Advertisement
Advertisement