Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

all4 tv app not on Lg tv?

Options
  • 11-10-2020 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭

hi all,
    just bought a 32'' Lg tv and it doesn't seem to have the all4 app on it or in the Lg content store. its on my 2 other samsung tvs.
    has Lg dropped it or can i get it some other way?
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭MBSnr

crxsi09 wrote: »
    hi all,
    just bought a 32'' Lg tv and it doesn't seem to have the all4 app on it or in the Lg content store. its on my 2 other samsung tvs.
    thanks

Is your LG services location set to UK? I did read that some catch up services aren't on the LG 2020 TV's yet. Put me off buying one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭tscul32

Got an LG smart tv a few months ago and found the same issue. A bit of googling revealed that you cannot get the All4 app for LG tv's. Have an old now TV stick plugged into it with the All4 app on it and use that instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭crxsi09

tscul32 wrote: »
    Got an LG smart tv a few months ago and found the same issue. A bit of googling revealed that you cannot get the All4 app for LG tv's. Have an old now TV stick plugged into it with the All4 app on it and use that instead.

mine is set to ireland. the tv stick might be the best way around it alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭decor58

hi all,
    thanks

Just out of interest, what apps do you get, I presume Netflix, YouTube, do you get RTE and VM players, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭Delta2113

LG store UK has it but it's Geo blocked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

I also just got an LG Smart TV and have no access to All4 which is a bummer. They do have some super content on it (GBBO, old American sitcoms, Grand Designs...). Hopefully it gets resolved soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭loughrey

LG and the UK services haven't made an agreement for the 2020 TVs so no 2020 LG TVs have All4, ITV etc. Only BBC has recently reached an agreement but LG said they're working on a solution so should get them soon. I have it on my 2018 Nanocell LG but not on my 2020 OLED BX because of the dispute between LG and the UK company that licences these services. For no, you need a 2019 or earlier to access All4 and ITV apps. So far they have only reached a deal on 2021 TVs but the 2020 line is ongoing

decor58 wrote: »
    Just out of interest, what apps do you get, I presume Netflix, YouTube, do you get RTE and VM players, thanks.

You get all those including RTE player but not VM player

mine is set to ireland. the tv stick might be the best way around it alright.

All you need to do is switch it to Ireland to download the RTE player and then switch the Region to the UK so you have more app selection. I'm on the UK Region but still have full access to the rté player. You just have to temporarily switch to Ireland to download the Irish exclusive apps like RTE player, then back to the UK. Once rté player is installed it'll appear on the app drawer after to switch regions

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭decor58

loughrey wrote: »
    You get all those including RTE player but not VM player

Thanks, using a Nowtv stick, for Netflix, YouTube, RTÉ player VM player and All4, on an 8 year old Sony, considering LG as replacement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 self

If people request the All 4 app be on the Ireland LG store LG might listen.

Advertisement