Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Effernock Trim

Options
  • 11-10-2020 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭

Hello. I am interested in this development in Trim but not being from the area I was wondering has anyone any deeper knowledge on it. I have tried to find a Facebook group with no joy. It looks like it is going to be a big development with planning for hundreds of houses. I am a bit weary of buying if it is going to be a building site for the next few years. The houses themselves seem lovely though.

On a side note is there any areas of Trim to avoid as we are also looking at second hand houses which are few and far between.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Although there are plans for lots of houses in Effernock, they are building them in stages with each section being finished to a high standard and being kept separated from any building works. My daughter just bought one and it's lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

Although there are plans for lots of houses in Effernock, they are building them in stages with each section being finished to a high standard and being kept separated from any building works. My daughter just bought one and it's lovely.

Good to hear. Another thing we are worried about is the grounds maintenance charge which is €475 per annum. Seems quite steep considering the number of houses going in and there isn't a huge amount of green spaces. We would be worried about this being tied into a contract and prices going up and up in the future.

Good to hear. Another thing we are worried about is the grounds maintenance charge which is €475 per annum. Seems quite steep considering the number of houses going in and there isn't a huge amount of green spaces. We would be worried about this being tied into a contract and prices going up and up in the future.

€475 does seem like a lot. My daughter isn't paying anything yet and seemed quite surprised at the amount as she hasn't heard how much it will be.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

I presume the €475 is a management fee? The problem is that a lot of that is sucked up by the costs of running a company (proper annual accounts need to be submitted etc.). It's disgraceful that the councils are still trying to avoid carrying out their duties with regard to housing estates - and you'll be stuck with the management company for 15 or 20 years before the council take charge, if any of the other estates are anything to go by.

In fairness, some management companies are run really well, but others fall apart and if there is nobody in the estate willing to take it on (involves becoming a company director and having your name tied to the company if it fails), you can find yourself in a situation where it's difficult to sell (as solicitors will generally advise buyers against buying a house if the management company has gone bang). We had that problem in our estate - thankfully it's now been taken over by the council.

Would be interested to know if the existing Effernock management company (assuming there is one) are taking in the new houses, or will it be a separate company?

Lovely houses btw, and the estate (both old and new bits) looks well finished. You'll have the same management company issue in any new estate, so I wouldn't let it stop me buying a house, especially if an already established management company is taking over the new houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Is there any valid reason why my post here was removed, OP asked for areas in Trim to avoid and i named 2, post was deleted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

What did you mention, Scudzilla?

Was looking at the Belfry and Lackanash during the week, how is that area? We will be looking to purchase in the New Year (as first-time buyers) and they've come onto our radar. We are only in Dunshaughlin at the minute but the prices are extortionate compared to Trim.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

rizzee wrote: »
    What did you mention, Scudzilla?

Was looking at the Belfry and Lackanash during the week, how is that area? We will be looking to purchase in the New Year (as first-time buyers) and they've come onto our radar. We are only in Dunshaughlin at the minute but the prices are extortionate compared to Trim.

Rizzee

Sending you a pm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

Just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat as me and waiting on completion of their house in current phase.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭thefox1982

What are the current prices does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Blinkey3

Just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat as me and waiting on completion of their house in current phase.

Same here. Hoping to get an update when the site reopens next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Ladybug14

Can anyone tell me pricing??

• Registered Users Posts: 8 davDe

Interested about effernock trim as place to live ? Any idea when the new release is planned ?

Quick fly by of Effernock....

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Silesian Sailor

Thanks for the video! We paid a deposit on a 3 bed semi on Effernock Lane, hope to be able to move in by the end of March :) Hello future neighbours :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Butterlady1

Hi @Silesian Sailor new neighbour here!

We put a deposit down also in the same location. Houses are up! Exciting times ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Ladybug14

Would you mind telling me how much the houses in your phase were?

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭faigs

We registered our interest with the Property Agent for the new phase but haven't received any correspondence - did you call to them in Navan to put a deposit down? They hadn't released prices the last time I was in and the show houses were expected to be open around St Patricks Day.

Slightly disappointed by the brochure - the new builder is building a different style of house a bit smaller than phase 1 and no chimneys, although that's just the way houses are being built now.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Caoimhe2

Water situation in Trim is terrible on average last few months there has being some disruption nearly every week just something to consider

• Registered Users Posts: 6 bluebakes

Viewing in Riversend Effernock this week, any thoughts anyone?? Never been to Trim before. Is it a better option to Navan?

Can anyone tell me about dog walking areas, are there any good areas for off-lead walking near this development?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 SM07

Hi, did you buy the house in Riversend efferknock? I am a prospective buyer too. Would be helpful if you/ others could share some pros cons for Riversend efferknock

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Redrye

Hi,

Just wondering if you went for that property/moved in and how you've found it? Also looking.

Thanks

Advertisement