Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

warm fridge cold feet.

• 11-10-2020 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

hi all.
    how you doing.?

can i ask for a bit of help please..

we have a fridge / freezer .. zanussi zrb23200xa
    brought new 4 yr 8months ago.

Last week i heard a strange noise in the kitchen ..(cant say what it sounded like really, we have 2 cats & a dog, so i thought it was 1 of them in the kitchen, but i checked & it wasn't).

Friday night, went into the fridge & noticed it was not cold. (& come to think of it the milk that was open & in use for few days had gone off).
    So i turned up the dial in the fridge, & checked the freezer & it was over cold to my liking. (extra frost on the food & draws).

long story, my fridge is warm & the freezer is cold (as its set).

Ive looked over the internet at issue's & ive seen that the thermostat can be probably number 1 problem.
    but a lot of advise is to defrost the f/freezer & may the pipe that comes from the freezer to the fridge maybe blocked.
    tried this & still not chilled in the fridge.

when i open the freezer door i can ear the freezer working, with it closed you can ear it very faintly, (which is how it should be. its a very quite f/freezer).

Can i change the thermostat my self.?

I have taken out the draws & at the back (inside) is a plate with the vents in & a few screws holding it in place.
    I removed the screws & the top plate came out easily & i could see the fan, the bottom plate was a bit harder, so i left it at that & put it back together & put the power back on.

Does any body have a walk-though with this f/freezer model on how to change the thermostat.?

thanks all,.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

From your description it is a frost free unit, if you had gone a bit farther with the dismantling you would have seen the problem. The evap coils are clogged up with ice that needs to be removed by manual defrost which could take up to two days.with the back panel removed you could defrost with a hair dryer but you have to be careful not to let defrosting water near the hair dryer. Ideally when opened up you should check the defrost element. It is possible that one of the doors wast left ajar which caused the problem, otherwise if after approximately two weeks the problem reoccurs it has a defrosting problem

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Dayo93

See this link , I had the same fridge , zanussi replaced the timer after a couple of years as it was a known issue(Part free paid labour), role on another couple of years and fan died got it replace and lasted a couple of weeks , bought a new fridge freezer last week never had any luck with this zanussi one

https://www.justanswer.co.uk/appliance/8oood-hi-i-zanussi-zrb23200xa-frost-free-fridge-freezer.html

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭giesha

hi all.
    thanks for the info.

i dont no what to do... i found out that it could be any 1 of the parts inside.
    & dont want to throw money at a dead .......

we turned off the power to the unit for good few hrs & reconected it, the only thing is now the fridge as frost at the bottom, (not a lot but still......)

i no old & new things break down, im thinking of cutting it loose & going with the plain old fashioned manual defrost.

thanks both for the help. talk to you again.
    keep safe from the covid.

Advertisement