Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Card stolen and minimal spent

Options
  • 11-10-2020 5:14pm

Hi all

Looking for opinions here as its confused me

I was out by the beach yesterday and got a coffee and used my card. At some point from the coffee and bringing the kids to the playground I lost my bank card. I only realised today around 3.30 when buying some stuff in the shop.

So I got home, looked for the card and then checked my online banking. All grand bar 1 transaction for just over €21 in the garage by the beach spent yesterday.

So I rang the bank and cancelled the card, they informed me of the time the transaction took place.

I got onto the garage and they dug out the transaction and cctv of the person and car. They can't give it to me and I need the guards to get it. Which is fine cos I need to report it anyway for the bank anyway.

What i dont get is spending it in the area for a small amount when you can spend 50 on tapping, then no more spending. Going to a garage with you car and walking to the till and spending it. Is this just someone stupid who is so scummy that they don't care or someone opportunistic spending a small amount hoping to not be noticed or someone who may have picked it up with the intention of handing it in and going to the shop and using the wrong card?

I'm more confused at the €21 and no more spend

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

Cash is king.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

OP ,

Is there a question in the above?

mad m wrote: »
    OP ,

Is there a question in the above?

Sorry posted too early and had to edit

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭fatbhoy

What did they buy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

I reckon they are tight and even with other peoples money. :)))

• Advertisement

Mr.S wrote: »
    Probably didn’t know the tap limit has been increased / was checking the card was still active before making a larger purchase online.

I only cancelled it 22 hours later when I noticed it.

Plus driving into the garage, no brained they'd be caught

fatbhoy wrote: »
    What did they buy?

Don't know as the owner said the guards will need to get it

I reckon they are tight and even with other peoples money. :)))

😂😂😂

Advertisement