Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I, Claudius

Options
  • 10-10-2020 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,927 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone watched this recently? I remember it being on TV late at night when I were a lad, but I always just found it ridiculous. Anyway it's the best thing I've ever seen having watched a few episodes lately. The acting is just off the charts good, John Hurt, Brian Blessed, Derek Jacobi, even Picard is in it!
    Here is John Hurt in his pomp as a returning crazy Caligula. "And you took me at my word, didn't you?!".

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,927 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Agh, sorry mods can this be moved to television? Wrong sub.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭Patser

Where are you watching it now? Is it on netflix or the likes, or hidden away on bbc4 for recording?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,927 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Patser wrote: »
    Where are you watching it now? Is it on netflix or the likes, or hidden away on bbc4 for recording?

Found full episodes on daily motion

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭steve_r

I did a rewatch recently, along with listening to this recap podcast which is quite good also

https://open.spotify.com/show/72MF3d8PZ3cb2g2UD3J7ey

I love the show, great mix of dark drama and comedy. Some great performances in in, in particular the actor who played Livia.

It looks dated, and the sets were awful, but don't let that put you off - the acting and writing is top notch.

Advertisement