Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New shed downpipes

Options
  • 10-10-2020 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭

As the title suggests at the stage where I'm getting the storm water connections ready for a new shed.

Has anyone here got some clever ways they've theres setup so it's easy divert to the tanks if needed for agitating from time to time

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Aravo

Downpipes here finish about 2ft above ground level. There is a small chamber under the down pipe for storm water and a small section of pipe runs from the downpipe to the chamber to send water in this direction. When water is needed for the tank a section of pipe let's water into slat area or slat cover area, it is tied at end of downpipe. It's simple and works ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,095 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

We have diversions on our downpipes. Will take a photo tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Dozer1

Thanks all much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭DBK1

Dozer1 wrote: »
    As the title suggests at the stage where I'm getting the storm water connections ready for a new shed.

Has anyone here got some clever ways they've theres setup so it's easy divert to the tanks if needed for agitating from time to time
    If it’s a new shed over a new tank run the downpipes into a manhole in the ground. Have two outlets, one to the tank and one to a drain. Fit a 90 degree bend on each outlet. If you want water into the tank turn that 90 down and the other up. Vice versa if you want water to the drain. It’s very simple to set up if it’s done before yard concrete is in place.

Here's the photos. The pipe lying on the ground can be attached when you take the plug out inside

• Advertisement

And inside

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭minerleague

whelan2 wrote: »
    And inside

Keep plenty of grease on that plug ( threaded part), had one here rusted so badly couldn't be opened after a couple of years

Thanks Whelan I've two big sliding doors to contend with aswell but something like that might work. Will talk to the builder tomorrow

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16 Healy_Rayban

whelan2 wrote: »
    And inside

So basically the water backs up the pipe and overflows into the drain?

So basically the water backs up the pipe and overflows into the drain?

It can go to the drain outside or divert into slatted tank on inside

• Advertisement

Also what's the plug called or where would I get one

We got it in local hardware store. You could show them the photo

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Aravo

It's a drainage water test bung/plug. Generally used for pressure testing pipework to ensure a drainage system has no leaks. So that's why it would work well there. They come in 2 types one blank unit or the threaded type as shown for connection to a test kit. That one would a bit more expensive that the blank unit. A good hardware or hire shop would have them.

Advertisement